To All You Wal-Mart Haters

When I left the states in 2011, Wal-Mart was not my favorite store.  I didn’t “hate” it, like some of my friends.  However, I just preferred shopping elsewhere.  I thought their goods did not look the best and I questioned the quality and the price. 

Wal-Mart was the first store that I went too upon returning back to the states.  I remember thinking that everything looked beautiful.  I just longed to walk very slowly up and down every single aisle.  Taking in all the home goods that were so nicely organized.  Wander through the food aisles, stocked with bounties of food and choices.  Wal-Mart was one of the last stores that I went into before leaving.  Honestly, I felt very sad to know that it would be close to a year before I would return.  I looked at the people, flying through the aisles and thought, they don’t appreciate this store.  I wanted to talk to them about how lucky they were to be able to shop in a place that was so clean, with so many options, with no bugs in the food and everything they needed. But I knew they would not understand.

Tonight, I went for groceries (my first trip since arriving here).  I left the store feeling bitterly frustrated, as they did not have oats, flour without bugs, mayonnaise,  or peppers that weren’t rotten.  There were several more items on my list that I was not able to obtain……but let me not bore you.  And I thought about Wal-Mart.  And all the people who hate it.  And I thought….. I could cure them of that hatred in about 2 or 3 weeks of grocery shopping here.   Yet, we have not been commissioned to “go into all the world and convert them to love Wal-Mart”.  However, next time you are there, remember me and be thankful for the bounty that is available there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts