Cool Mom. Crazy Mom. Crabby Mom.

12 days single parenting. 

We’ve done really well.  The guys have been great.  Smashed in the last few weeks have been some awesome conversations that have just touched the deepest part of my mothering heart.  These conversations have come only when we have slowed down and been still and so I am rejoicing at the blessing in that family value.

One of our highlights was tie dying our shirts.  This was from a kit I purchased at the last home school fair I attended right before moving to Indonesia (2011).  It was suppose to “move” with us and I have wondered these last 3 years where it went.  Cleaning out our storage crate this summer, I discovered it and tossed the dye’s into our luggage.  They were so bright and vivid and are not washing out.  What a “cool Mom” to tie die!

IMG_20141004_163419IMG_20141004_163614IMG_20141004_163724IMG_20141005_160740IMG_20141005_160824

This last weekend, Andrew begged me to go out on the bike with him.  In this country it is legal for an under aged driver to “drive”, as long as they have a licensed driver with them.  After much coaxing we were off.  I was tense from minute go, imagining the consequences if we wrecked.  I kept my hands on Andrew’s waist and would squeeze or tap any time I thought he was going too fast.  We rode out to the lake, which is breath taking, but my breath was already taken and I was happy to turn around and go home.  My thoughts were, “Darron will be going on the future bike rides!”.  Andrew later teased me for “tickling him” .  I told him when he marries a girl, she may be adventurous, but after the children come she will become more cautious. “Ok, Mom!”  This Mom no longer felt cool….she felt crazy.

IMG_20141011_162509IMG_20141011_162621IMG_20141011_162827IMG_20141011_163731

 

The baby parrot is a week old.  We can only see it when Andrew shines his camera, taped to a metal ruler into the nesting box.  We plan to take it from the Mommy on day 28.  Stay tuned for parrot stories. Caring Mom.

Creative Mom always comes leaking out when Dad is gone for a long time.  This is a project I have been longing to do for a year or two.  Still needs some garden flowers.

IMG_20141012_164537

We had a long weekend with today (Monday) off.  I imagined getting LOTS of projects done.  Instead I hosted 4 additional teen boys.  They were all great and I am glad that my boys enjoyed their guests, but needless to say not much else got accomplished and now I feel like the crabby Mom.  We’re on day 12, Darron will fly in first thing in the morning.  I better pull myself together because husbands don’t really want to see a crabby wife after they have been working hard too.  Let’s see, I think I’ll put my Cool Mom attitude back on and let him see that we’ve got everything (mostly) under control. 

Hopefully I can maintain Cool Mom status for another long stretch because nobody really wants to be around Crazy or Crabby Mom.  At least Darron will have my back for the next few weeks, if I need to sneak off and get an attitude adjustment. ; )  Here’s to mothering and ALL the single Mom’s who do this with no Daddy coming home…..you ladies are amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts