I Have a Cicak, You Have None, I’ll Share a Cicak with You….

Cicak’s are amazing.  I share my home with approximately 15 or 20 of them.  Maybe more, it’s hard to tell.  They seem territorial.  I see the same one in my bathroom, he is little. Kind of cute.  Along with the little guy by my bedroom lamp who likes to dart under my clock when he seems me coming.  Then there is Mr. Fatso in the kitchen.  Actually, I think there are two or three big cicak’s that hang out there.  Then there is the big guy who likes the lamp in the living room.  And a little guy over by the piano.  We have seen them fight with each other.  Loosing a tail.  Every now and then, they get squished in the doorway.  Jan found one dead in her fridge.  In language school one of the students found one in her blender.  Yes, we share our home with these little fellows, and yet they are vicious hunters.  Eating hundreds, maybe thousands of unwanted insects.  Unlike cockroaches, we do not actively try to kill them.  They do leave little droppings behind, that for the first few months of living in Indonesia, I was sure were rat droppings.  For the most part, that is not a problem, until I catch a glimpse of the droppings on the kitchen table.  I have lot’s and lot’s of cicaks.  You have none (unless you live in a country like mine).  I’ll be happy to share a cicak with you (if I can get it through customs).  Do you know what a cicak is?

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing this is some kind of lizard. After only 2 weeks in Panama, I can understand why you tolerate them as well as you do! Once my husband told me the bats ate the bugs, I was OK with them flying into my bedroom & down the hallways. Love reading your posts. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts