Who is Blessed?

Sometimes it is difficult to blog.  Today everything here seems to pale in the light that a friend and fellow home school Mom in Chattanooga, only 35 and Mom of 5 girls, died.  The frailty of life leaves one realizing that each day is a miracle.  If only I lived each day that way.

Today, as 8 year old Jacob slipped some coins into a blind mans hand on a busy road I wondered who would be effected the most.  The man who had received the blessing?  Or my son, who touched humanity?  We receive  much praise for being missionaries, but the truth is that the people here and the experience gives us way more than we can give.

Today, in class, we learned about a people group here in Indonesia that will not allow anyone into their area.  Not even the native locals.  Darron wrote down the name of that people group.  I told him not to get any idea's!!!!  The kids and I often listen to a song, by Casting Crown, "Until the Whole World Hears..."  Wow, it is hard to believe that there are still millions of un reached people.  More reflection:  my friend Missy, whose husband is a deaf pastor in America, often said to me, "I think the deaf people will be one of the last people groups to be reached."

We have hired Don, who is a student at the university here.  He chose to become a Christian about 5 years and at that time he was disowned by his family.  Don is struggling to make ends meet and not get totally discouraged.  Already we are so blessed by him, as he helps us with language and spends about an hour and a half with the boys "exercising" them! : )  I should have hired someone 10 years ago, to "exercise" my boys!!!!!! : )

When we arrived home today a young girl was up on the hill waving and waving to me.  The boys quickly pointed out, "Mom, there is your girl."  Sure enough, she was the little girl that I saw the first time we walked to the waterfall.  She kept trying to make conversation from a distance.  I shouted to her in Bahasa Indonesia to wait a minute, while I ran in the house and grabbed her some candy and a little toy.  Then I ran up the hill.  We sat down together and just chatted away in Bahasa Indonesia to each other.  OK I struggle  to chat away and listen, but it was so special.  This little girl is so sweet and mild.  Her teeth are rotting and the lice are running through her hair. Yet, she longs to be friends.  Now she knows where I live, so I hope each day when she walks home from school that we can visit.  And who will be more blessed?  You got it, ME!

Comments

  1. :-) Just love hearing about your life... and your boys are looking well "exercised" in that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT exercising for the men! Please tell Don we'd like to hire him also! And your house helper too! We are loving your journal entries and photos. Amazed that you are able to write; even as your brain is swirling with emotions. (I had a hard time journaling in Thailand - it was just too exhausting, re-living the experiences.) So glad you got to reach a little girl. I know the female time will be good for you. What a delight!
    We are envious of your experiences and trials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your friend, so young, so sad for that family. So glad God is coming soon, and now He can come sooner because of special people like you who are reaching out to everyone...even little girls with lice. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, thank you for keeping life real, and for sharing of your life with those of us who read this blog and with others. Enjoy your little girl. God's children are just precious. :) May God give you peace and joy in His service.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts