For a Love as Strong as a Mother

I am just imagining stores filled with reminders to buy your mother a card, or some flowers or candy….anything, just something special.  Here, at the end of the earth, there are no reminders only memories and hopes of future gatherings. 

My heart brims with gratitude every time I think of my mother.  She has always been such a stable part of my life.  Ever ready to listen to me ramble on and on about my woes and concerns.  Believing in my every success. 

This lady that I call my mother, transitioned our family from America with great strength.  She gave up her own goals and ambitions to home school my brothers and I with complete daily devotion.  When cancer threatened her body at age 40 she faced it with a positive attitude and faith.  Mother let us go when we wiggled and kicked in late teen years for freedom.  She did not make us feel guilty for wanting our independence, even though I’m sure she wanted to hold us tightly.

Today, I can always count on the fact that my mother will pray for me.  I can’t think of a greater gift then a praying mother.  Even when my requests and thoughts have brought her pain (like moving to Papua), she has prayed and held me loosely.  Believing that I am in God’s hands and that she has raised me for such a time as this. 

What a woman, is my mother.  I am proud of her and I am upheld by the strength of my praying mom.  She is an inspiration to me.  Happy Mother’s Day Mom!  I’ll see you soon!

Love, Ruth

P.S.  My mother-in-law is amazing woman also.  For starts she raised an incredible husband for me.  I am awed at her physical and emotional strength as she cares for my quadriplegic brother-in-law and my father-in-law who has had a rough last year.  She never complains, though I am sure there are many days she goes to bed weary and worried.  She has accepted me into the Boyd family as if I were her own. I know that Loretta prays for me and my family often, also….cheering us on.   I am blessed indeed by the mother’s in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts