My Man

I’ve known him now for over 18 years.  He knows my deepest dreams and my biggest fears.  He has heard of my frustrations, my anxieties, my concerns, my joys, my anger, my sorrow, my victories and my failures.  He has seen me at my best and unfortunately at my worst.  He knows my strengths and my weaknesses.  And he is crazy about me.

I also know him, better then anyone else.  I like to finish his sentences, because sometimes he pauses too long, for impatient me.  I have always admired that he knew his calling completely.  I have also admired his Boyd determination.  He can stick with something when most of us would throw in the towel.  This man takes great steps to preserve his integrity, to spend time with his family, and to bless me with his devotion. He is always the first to say he is sorry. He has more dreams and ambitions then I can keep up with….

IMG_1444

Currently, he is away on a twelve day trip.  He will then be home 1 1/2 weeks and then gone again for another 12 days.  We shall each each other again for a few short brief days and then the children and I will leave 2 weeks ahead of him to the states.  We miss his leadership, warmth, and listening ear when he is gone, but we all believe in his passion: to inspire others to lead people to Christ. 

His work challenges are beyond my scope of thinking.  And his home challenges are huge also, with 5 individuals craving his attention.  I admire him greatly.  Can you tell?!  He kills death adders for me and laugh’s when I scream at giant cockroaches.  I would follow my husband to the ends of the earth….and I think we are here.  But no regrets…..I would do it all, all over again, for the one I love.  Darron E. Boyd

IMG_0418

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts