Progress

The good news is that we returned home to our parrots guarding a nest.  We have tried in vain to try and view if there are eggs are in the nesting box, but can’t quite see.  Darron was able to tell that all the wood chips have been scooted over into a pile and the female is quite protective.  We’ll keep you updated on the parrot family progress.  (Since I wrote this, a world bird expert popped in to see our birds.  He felt that she had not yet laid the eggs, but that the female was showing signs of preparation.  The gentleman made several suggestions (i.e. add more wood chips, etc.). 

Our home is coming along.  All it lacks before we move in is the kitchen cabinets hung in place.  Shower heads installed.  Solar hot water heater installed.  Laundry water hook ups installed.  A few more doors hung.  And a good clean.  Aubrey predicts it will be Christmas before it is ready.  ??? I refuse to get my hopes up.  The work crew has been dismissed, so now it is just a few men who are working on it here and there.  We are grateful for all the effort.  Our powerful transformer has been moved out of our current house and is already wired into the new house.  So if we want pancakes or waffles or patties…..I guess we will be trotting across campus to use our skillet that requires a high wattage transformer.  Perhaps it will be just a few more weeks…..?????  Tomorrow Darron and I will drive to Abe (about 45 minutes from here) and pick out bathroom mirrors, shower heads, and a few other things.  I can here the saw running over there now….

Our home in Georgia continues to move forward with the closing.  They even want to close sooner then expected.

We were disappointed to discover both our CD player and electric piano had been fried while we were away.  Apparently, someone had plugged them into the wrong voltage.  Hopefully, the piano can be repaired.  It is difficult not to feel violated over experiences like this.

Everything is peaceful on campus.  The police are still here and there are still papers that need to be signed (so the land issue is still not resolved).  We have almost recovered from jet lag.  The boys seem happy to be home.  School starts on Wednesday (tomorrow).  This is such a life changing event for all of us…..as they have been homeschooled all their lives. 

I have been at war with the bugs in our food.  Opened several storage bins to find many little happy black bugs.  One tub was my whole oat’s.  To which I was most vexed because they cannot be purchased here.  When I went grocery shopping and they were out of quick oats I was forced to return home and face my bug oats.  I think what happened is before I left on furlough I had placed a box of cereal in that same sealed tub.  Uncensored by me, it must have had bugs in it and they partied while I was away.  I’m sure my house helper thought I was insane yesterday as I spent over several hours catching bugs out of the oats.  I felt crazy!  So the question is: did I really get all the bugs out?  I don’t think so.  Shall we call this “progress”?  Stuff like this can about tip me over the edge.  Thankfully today is a new day and I have to go and buy new food that hopefully is bug free.  My fresh attitude is “progress”.

Comments

  1. I still remember my shock in the Philippines when you baked bread WITH those little black bugs in it!!!!!!! Refusing to waste the flour! ;-) You are made for this stuff girlfriend! Love you lots and hope you and your bugs don't have to become too close of friends. Really sorry about your CD player and piano. Praying that the piano will be able to get fixed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts