Fraud = UPS to Papua

Never is it comforting to get an email from your credit card company stating that they think “fraud” has taken place on your account.  A call to VISA revealed this to be true.  So the only way to deal with the problem was to close out our account and issue us a new number.  The added challenge was getting new cards to us.  After explaining that we lived in Indonesia, the customer service representative assured me that in 7-10 business days “UPS would deliver”.  I chuckled at this statement, because UPS does not exist in Papua.  However, much to my surprise 14 days later (and $38 dollars later), our credit cards arrived.  I’m impressed.  Apparently UPS delivers all the way to Jakarta and then there is an overnight delivery service, “DHL”. 

IMG_7379

 

This brought to memory a conversation I had just prior to our return from furlough.  I was trying to get a prescription filled, through a 90 month supplier.  The customer service representative was really not able to grapple with the fact that we lived in Indonesia.  For several times she stated, “Have a nice vacation.”  I was in my throws of depression and I wanted to yell, “It’s not a vacation!!!!”  Now I will just laugh and add it to the file of UPS deliveries and people not understanding how far we really live from “normal” modern day conveniences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts