9 Boys, 7 Boys, 6 Boys

Saturday night we had our last drama meet of the year. Sometimes it is overwhelming to feed all these teen boys.  So this week, I had Aubrey and Andrew make the supper.  It was a beautiful solution.  I wasn’t worn out and they had a better appreciation of how much work it takes to put a meal on the table for that many friends.  To end on a grand note many of the boys spent the night.  They promised me that they would go to bed at midnight.  Many fun memories with the drama team and friends. : –)  We have exciting news for next year and that is a drama class is starting in high school.  So we will see how that impacts our group and what we end up doing…..

P1010173 (640x480)

Monday evening was our first night to have the two older Webb boys for 10 days.  Their parents have meetings to attend in Chiang Mai, Thailand.  Also, Josh needed to stay as his parents needed to be gone overnight.  I’m not sure where the sign is hanging, but it reads, “Boy’s Welcome.”  or “Will take Boys”.  Perhaps it is on my back. : ) 

P1010179

P1010177

Things are going much smoother then I anticipated with the Webb boys.  I have enjoyed their giggles, their love to still play and be boys.  They have been polite and obedient.  Our time is going quickly and I think they are surviving the strange Boyd ways! : )  Bless them…..  It’s not easy to jump into another families routines and ways.  They have done really well.

I cleared my schedule for this time.  As Darron is gone, most of it.  Honestly, the Lord has blessed with strength and I am quite relaxed.  Nothing like an open schedule to create MARGIN!  They will go home towards the end of next week and then only a few weeks before we depart to America.  We have a missionary family who works interior that will stay at our home this summer. I want to make sure that there are many cleaned off shelves and draws for them to put their things, as they will be in this home for over 7 weeks.   The blessing will be two fold, in that it will be a retreat for them and it will provide us with care givers for our property and pets.

9, 7, 6, and soon 4 boys.  What will I do with only 4 boys in the house?! 

Comments

  1. Deja vu for last year, huh? You are such a blessing. Did you ever think you would be ministering to others in this way? Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts