Tick Tock its 8, 4, and 10 0’ Clock

I never would have imagined it just like this.  Saturday night.  4 double digit kids.  They are all in bed by 8:00 p.m.. My husband too.  Well I might as well hit the hay too.

4:00 a.m……I didn’t really imagine this either.  Susan Stubbs did try to warn me.  As she too lived here in Papua with 4 double digit boys.  She also heard cars roar to life before dawn.  She prayed as her kids went out.  Full of life.  Full of anticipation and adventure.  No fear.  No second thought for the fragility of life.

It’s the beginning of surfing season.

They will be back before 10:00 a.m.  Already having lived a full day of enough excitement to make many of you put on the kettle for another soothing cup of tea.

Hello Papua. Hello gorgeous tropical beaches that beckon my children.  Yay to a Dad who is stretching and surfing too, to spend time with his kids.

The waffles are made.  I’m ready to welcome them home and listen to the adventures……because its almost ten O’clock.  Four O’ clock will probably bring a tropical nap for all of us and eight O’ clock is coming and I’m going to find 4 double digit boys dying to crawl into bed.  Tick Tock.  My boys are growing up.  Tick Tock.  Slow down clock.

IMG_20150723_074225IMG_20150818_065930

Comments

  1. Do they all seriously fit on that bike?! . . . The years are passing too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surfing! Wow.... Marae has gotten into it a bit, but our rip tide is so bad, that she is nervous to get too much into it without more lessons. Nate is NOT interested at all! :-) Proud of your hubby for stretching for his boys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts