A Good Investment

Since the early days of our marriage Darron and I have chuckled at how we convince each other of a needed item to purchase.  The wording that brought us the most pleasure was/is “it’s a good investment”.  So a iron, a vacuum, a bathroom remodel, a camera, a violin were all “good investments”.  I’m sure there were some that were not so fruitful.  I remember my first birthday present from Darron after we were married was a camping stove.  My romantic first year of marriage did not think that was a “good investment”.  However, to Darron’s credit we women are quite complicated.  Because years later after our 3rd son was born (the day before my birthday), that present was a scale.  I have loved my scale!  What a great investment!!!! : )

SOOOO….when Aubrey’s computer was stolen in Bandung, we were a little unsure how we should go about helping replace it.  After a long patient wait and Uncle Mike’s earnest help in getting part of the money for Aubrey, we decided to make an “investment” and help Aubrey replace his computer.  I must say that  I know now his computer is a “great investment”.  Aubrey is letting me blog!  3 cheers for good investments…..

I want to show you pictures of the parrots.  They are warming up to their new life of captivity.  Their favorite foods are bananas and passion fruit.  Neither are really thrilled about being handled or petted.   Those beaks are quite intimidating. Andrew trains with both the male and female in his room daily.  Otherwise they live outside in the cage.  We hope that in the near future they will have babies.  Then Andrew will truly have his dream, to raise a baby ecliptic parrot.  I do believe that they also are a “good investment”.

 

166

171

129

174

Thanks for reading.  Please keep checking.  I will probably post once a week.  Appreciate your continued prayers.   Probably the most liberating principle of making “good investment’s” is doing it debt free.  Happy shopping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts