When Mommy is Away, She Must Play

Most days my mind is spinning with thoughts on Dengue Fever, Breast Cancer, TB, Nursing issues, and on and on.  Then there is all the net working.  People from all over Asia and America.  Topics from wild stories, to heart breaking problems, to help with home school, to newly transitioning families, to a lady in her 90’s who has served for years and years…..all very stimulating.  Getting lots of ideas of things we can implement in Papua.  Then there is choir practice.  Just couldn’t resist and they accepted anyone who would just open there mouth and look energetic (that’s me).  Fit in meals (all yummy Thai food), with a sampling of western food every now and then.  Worship time in the morning, that has just left me with deep, deep moving thoughts and mission reports at night…..WHEW!

 

I am learning in this 10 day marathon of medical smorgasbord that I don’t need to attend every lecture time slot.  That it is ok to go to my room and talk with my family or read a book.  Then there is a lovely room set up with fabric and sewing machines, yarn and needles.  Yesterday I attended a painting class, which was where I accomplished my first abstract painting.  How very fulfilling.

P1000665

The top painting is mine.  The bottom picture is what I was copying.  And the lady was my art teacher. : )

This weekend I will ride an elephant and go to the Sunday night market.  Also a friend and I will visit the English “Boots” store and go shopping and eat Mexican (sorry, if this is not readily available where you live and I am causing you to drool or elicit coveting emotions). 

Amidst all this wonderful learning…..this mommy is taking some deep breaths and having some fun.  The goal is that when I return to Papua I will be fully recharged and able to give 100% again to sweet family and community.  When Mommy is away…..she must play. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts