I Kissed my Scissors Good bye





For the past 17 years I have been cutting my "men's" hair.  There have been many grave errors like snipped ears.  Darron loves to yell every now and then when I cut around his ears as a GREAT practical joke to make me think I have snipped his skin.  He knows the results.  I will grab my stomach in horror and scream and then apologize profusely.  Then he can't contain himself any longer and will start laughing! Ughh.....  Can you imagine all the money we have saved over the years of 5 heads of hair each month?

So on day #2 of Grass Widowhood I decided to strike out and find a barber.  Andrew kept getting comments about being Justin Beaver.....because his hair was getting quite long.  Mom was determined.  We had a vague idea of where to walk too.  But our first attempt resulted in no barber.  I told the boys we were going to try one more street.  The boys were griping and complaining.  It was hot.  People stare and laugh at us.  The streets are dirty.  The smells revolting.  At last we were outside the open market and I knew we were close.  This is where the bargains are!  I could have stayed for an hour or more, but the boys were getting more and more uncomfortable.  Finally they convinced me to leave and as we were walking away, I spotted the little hole in the wall barber.  Victory!!!!

The men did an amazing job.  Spending at least 30 minutes on each boy.  These are the nicest hair cuts the boys have ever had.  You could physically watch their bodies relax as they began to trust the hair masters!  I was a bit nervous about the lack of blue solution and possibilities of lice.  However, the risks are worth the results and freedom! : )  As one friend says, "if they get lice, just shave them!"

The price was amazing.  8,000 rp.....which is just under a dollar.  I, in my newbie ignorance paid them twice that.....but it was so worth it and still an amazing bargain.  Good bye scissors.  I kiss you good bye.  Hello new experiences, we welcome you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts