Tricks In a Bag

So trying to keep four boys occupied in a cement compound in a large city where one does not know the language or how to navigate the public transportation proved to challenge my mothering skills.  Bottom line, we survived our first day alone!

Nothing like family worship and a familiar breakfast of wheat a bix......even if it did cost almost $6 for a box.  Andrew said, "It is the first time I have felt full since getting here!!!!"  Poor kid.  Then we exercised by walking around and around the building.....fun (almost).  Then it was laundry time once again!  I am laughing at the thought that my boys will have a whole new appreciation for laundry being done for them and the washing machine.  Doing laundry for 6 by hand took the 5 of us over an hour to wash, rinse and wring! : )

Then to Pizza Hut.  We thought we had ordered 2 large pizza's; however, only one medium showed up on our table.  So we were able to let them know that we needed one more large pizza and stayed and waited for it to cook.....well worth the time.

By mid afternoon, the boys were about stir crazy.  I knew it was time for a trick out of the bag when we blew yet another electronic device.....ooops!  So out came a new Tim Hawkins video.  It's pretty sad when I resort to food and media for help.....but you know.  The humor took our minds miles away and made the afternoon zip by.

With our cell phones we were able to contact Darron.  He made it to Sentani by mid afternoon.  After taking off and landing on 3 different Islands.  Darron states it is beautiful there.  Much more rural and freeing.  He thinks the boys and I will love it there.  Can't wait.  Until then.....I need to focus my boys.  I wonder what tricks are in the bag today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Flight

Change Never Happens Fast, Except Today it Did

Anguished Hearts